Sunday, December 7, 2008

Feeling Good

Patrick or as we like to call him Paddy Boy, is a thumb sucker. He really only sucks his thumb when he is tired or upset. I wanted to share a conversation that Paddy and his Dad had a couple of months ago, it is absoutely precious!
Dad: Take your hand out of your mouth Patrick
Paddy: Why?
Dad: Because your hands are dirty and I don't want you to get sick
Paddy: oh
Dad: Patrick, why do you suck your thumb?

Paddy: Because it makes me feel good!

What better reason is there than that? Patrick you are precious, I love you too much!!





1 comment:

pinky said...

My Jesse did the same thing. She spontaneously stopped around age 13. Yes she was hard core!!!

She had a blanket too. I took that away and she found a bigger quilt. I was afraid to take that away. What would come next? Carpet???? Drapes???? I just didn't want to risk it!!!

She would "assume the position" that Patrick is in picture 3 I think. It brings back a bunch of thumb sucking memories. Thanks for the Memories AMy.